Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Wanring, Mispelt Signs Ahead



I couldn't make these up if I tried.  There is no shortage of these signs.  They are everywhere.  Why are so many signs misspelled?  Are we lazy, stupid, or is it good marketing?  The truth is many of these misspellings are inadvertent and we remember them. Personally, I think it's to keep us amused.  I know they helped pass the time on those long, never ending, family road trips to visit the grandparents in Florida.  I would make a big deal out of the misspellings and have my children laughing the entire time.  Guess what?  They're both terrific spellers today.  Next time you're driving somewhere try and spot the many road signs with mistakes.  They're everywhere. What can I say?  It's almost a hobby.   





























Grammar Corner


All of the words listed below were misspelled on actual signs. Try making up some signs or slogans in this Grammar Corner of your own. 


Fore - Eggs fore sale!
Leasure 
Moran
Bmup
Dont't
Costumers
Draem
Juge
Plize


Good Luck!!!!!!!


















1 comment:

  1. I loved the signs, especially the one about English as the official language. Very amusing! I am glad your kids are good spellers. Mine are too.

    ReplyDelete